Monday 20 July 2015

An instrument in the hands of God

Hola!

We had interviews with our mission president this week. When President Patrick greeted me as Hermana Shaver, I was like, "I`m not even wearing my Spanish nametag." and he answered, "I know. I`m just letting you know that I know." ....Soooooo now I`m scared. My Spanish hasn`t exactly improved dramatically since I got to the mission field..... :P

This week was pretty interesting! Lots of rain and lightning. Lots of mosquitos. Lots of emotional breakdowns (not us - people we work with). Lots of miracles though, too. Probably the most beautiful part of being a full-time missionary is that we get a front-row seat to the Atonement of Jesus Christ working powerful and monumental changes in people`s lives. I wouldn`t trade this for anything.

Check out this cloud!

The other day we walked into a lesson with a relatively new investigator. within the first three minutes he told us, "It`s not true. I don`t believe it." We reasoned with him and he gradually softened - but it wasn`t until the member we brought with us began to testify and share her personal experiences that he really sat back and listened attentively. Bearing testimony invites the Spirit so strongly. By the time this investigator said the closing prayer, he was thanking God for putting us in his path, and saying that maybe the message we brought was the thing he`d been looking for. 

I wish I could record everything I see and hear! But I can`t... so for now, I`ll have to settle for sharing things I`m learning. One thing that struck me this week was the phrase used in the scriptures, "an instrument in the hands of God." Heavenly Father needs different tools for different tasks, and He knows which one will be the perfect fit. In the short three months that I`ve been in the field, I can already see how He has been shaping me throughout my entire life to be the instrument He needs me to be right here and right now. It`s such a huge blessing to know that He trusts me enough to let me be a part of this work!

Have a great week! :)

Soeur/Hermana/Sister Shaver

Québec with Sister Davis

Saint-Jérôme with Sister Hinkson

Our apartment in Saint-Jérôme


No comments:

Post a Comment