Monday 2 November 2015

Maybe the best week ever?

Hello hello! 

Today is the start of what is going to be an INCREDIBLE week. As in, the highlight-of-my-life kind of week. Do you know why? Because we're going to the Montreal Temple!!! This is the only time in my life that I will be a young full-time missionary during the dedication of a temple - and I get to be a part of it! :D

Besides that, do you know why else this week is going to be amazing? It's because while we're there, we'll be staying with my MTC companion, the wonderful Hermana Perdue, and even going on splits with them to work in their area for a day - in Spanish! YAY!

I have two more awesome things to tell you about: 1) yesterday I held a conversation in Spanish for like 30 minutes (didn't understand everything, but that's okay) and 2) we had a baptism yesterday!!! A 9-year-old boy we've been teaching was baptized and confirmed after church yesterday afternoon. :) It was so great! The member who was supposed to give the talk on the Holy Ghost was sick though, so I had to step in at the last minute. It was fine though - our little recent convert made faces at me the whole time. Oh, children. Gotta love 'em. 

Well, that's about it! I'm looking forward to writing all about it next week!

Sister/Soeur/Hermana Shaver 

Halloween! Cupcakes, our contribution to the district's pumpkin-carving contest, 
and our non-costumes.... 
 they were just, you know, Frozen-inspired outfits....
but not costumes...

This is how much of my journal I've used (a lot) 
and all the postcards I've opened so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment