Monday 14 December 2015

In at least one way, I'm just a stinky fish.

I'm being TRANSFERRED again!!!

^Story of my life.

I'm really getting the FULL Canada Montreal Mission experience. In my mission, there are 5 zones and 4 languages spoken (by missionaries). After this next area, I will have served in 4 zones and 3 languages! (In other words, I will probably be the first Chinese-speaking sister missionary in the Mount Royal zone later in my mission. For the records: I called it.) Sooooooooooo....... I'm going to a SPANISH ward!!! I'm replacing my MTC companion, Hermana Perdue, in the Victoria Ward in Longueuil. She's taking off to be a sister training leader, and I'll be companions with Sister Rivas! It's super funny because when we were in Montreal for the temple open house, these are the sisters we stayed with! So I've already seen the apartment, the church building (next to the temple!!!) and some of the members and people I'll be working with! I'm so excited!

SISTER BROOK!! 

I'm also, admittedly, a little nervous - the MTC was a long time ago, and I haven't exactly been speaking Spanish all day every day! In this way, I am a lot like stale bread and stinky fish. Explanation: Remember in the Bible, when Jesus is teaching a great multitude of people? There were thousands of them, and they were hungry. Jesus asked what food was available, and the answer returned that all they had to offer was a few loaves of bread (probably stale by then) and two small fishes (probably stinky by then). Then Christ took their meager offering and by it worked miracles. Every person who ate was filled, and there was food to spare. In the same way, I believe that Jesus Christ takes what little, insufficient, and severely lacking offering we have to give - our talents, time, and abilities - and miraculously uses that to accomplish His miracles and His work among the people around us. I know that I'm not very good at speaking Spanish and I'm not a perfect missionary, but as long as I give what I can, He will more than cover the rest. He has called me to do this work through a prophet, and He has called me to the Victoria Ward through my mission president. I know that His grace is sufficient.

I'd also like to mention that this has been the perfect week to end on in Riverside! We achieved the mission's standards of excellence this week, and even exceeded them a little! We've had tons of amazing lessons and spirit-led discussions, and I'm glad to see the area growing. It's sad to leave, but I know Sister Cunningham will take good care of these people. :)

I love you all! Have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Shaver

Beavertails with Sister Calderon!






 Sisters Christmas party!


 My next planner and the TREE!



 Me with Fred and  Sarah, and a random tree in the park.


No comments:

Post a Comment