Monday 18 January 2016

These are a few of my favourite things :)

First of all, can I just tell you how COOL it is to be a missionary!? This morning, a woman in our ward was having a hard time. She's going through some trials and needed help from Heavenly Father but just couldn't seem to get any answers. She prayed. And a little while later, guess who showed up unexpectedly? The sister missionaries! We hadn't been expecting to actually get in and teach a lesson, so we weren't very prepared, but while she said the opening prayer I silently asked God what she needed, and the answer came to read Alma 7 together. We did, and it was exactly what she needed to hear. She told us she got her message. 

It is one of my favourite things about missionary work - seeing miracles happen and realizing that they only happened because we were following the Spirit and doing what we needed to be doing.


    Mi distrito! (there's also a senior couple but they were absent that day)


The reason we were out proselyting earlier is because today is not our P-day! Because we're going to the TEMPLE tomorrow!!! (Therefore our P-day is switched, though we still do emails today.) I haven't been to the temple since I was in the MTC 9 months ago! I am SO excited! What's just as exciting is what happens the day after that too. There's going to be a worldwide missionary training broadcast by a number of general authorities. This is the first time this has ever happened and I can't wait! 

So anyways, this week was pretty good. Our investigator with a baptismal date coming up soon is doing super well. He's started saying things like, "our church," "our prophet," etc. I feel like a proud mom. He's even worked it out so that he can bring his 4-year-old son to church every week. A lot of the lessons we have with him are at the end of the day and always make our lives better. 

Funny story of the week: I got a nosebleed in the middle of sacrament meeting yesterday, which wouldn't have been the end of the world, but we were sitting on the stand because I was playing the organ.... So we had to walk out in the middle of the last talk with blood running down my arm for all to see and someone who was visiting our ward had to fill in for the closing hymn. Awkotaco. But! All is well. :)

Hermana Shaver

         A card I made for our investigator's daughter           A picture of me and my trainer from day 1
(she was SUPER excited. She LOVES frozen.)                   She sent it to me. :)


                 Pantoufles (slippers) I made for our district leader. He said he was okay with pink, so.....

No comments:

Post a Comment