Monday 21 March 2016

#Hallelujah

Easter is here again!!! It's weird being out for more than a year because I remember LAST Easter and I was already on my mission! Crazy! Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this week. We have mission leadership council coming up (a meeting with all the zone leaders and sister training leaders, the assistants to the President, and President Patrick) and a stake Easter concert on Good Friday (there will be a missionary choir!). I also get to give a talk next Sunday about how the sacrament affects my life each week (I am so excited) AND we were invited over for Easter dinner with a senior missionary couple who works in the office. Basically, this week is going to be great!


This past week was also pretty great. We went to the temple on Friday and ran into a member from Quebec city who's preparing for a mission and who used to come teaching with us all the time. :) We also had transfers, and of the 6 sisters in our zone (that's not including us) 4 of them are new in the zone and 2 of those are greenies!! I can't wait for exchanges with them. There's something about brand-new missionaries that's very exciting and makes you love being on a mission. I also got to go to my first district meeting in this district. I've been here for a couple of weeks, but we haven't had district meeting because of zone training. So that was fun! I officially win the who's-been-in-the-most-areas game. We even have a few elders who are very close to going home, but I don't think anyone else has served in more than 4 areas besides me. 

Most importantly, for anyone who hasn't heard, there's a new video and website launched by the church to help us focus on Christ this Easter season. It's at followhim.mormon.org and it's REALLY good. Every time we share with someone, the Spirit testifies very strongly about the Resurrection of Christ. I love the message of hope; that because of Jesus Christ, we can ALL find new life and live happily forever in the presence of God. That's what I'm celebrating this Easter. He lives, so I can live too. Since I've been on my mission, some people I was close to before have passed away. It's been hard, and it's been sad, but I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, each of them will be made alive. HALLELUJAH! :)

Sister Shaver

Here's a blurry picture of my companion                                                      and a creepy note I found on my desk :)
                                                                                                   (Hermana Perdue lives just down the street from us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment