Wednesday 11 May 2016

Power of Members

Hi everyone!

So this week was pretty good. There isn't a ton to report. We had zone training meeting and an exchange, both of which were great. :) We have another exchange starting tonight in my previous area! I'm looking forward to it! Oh, and actually, a few crazy things happened. One of the two sets of elders in my ward got transferred out last week, and we inherited half their area, INCLUDING downtown. Woohoo! So we've been starting to meet with their investigators and less-actives, and we're having a blast! And of course, Mother's Day was yesterday so we got to call home. That was great. :)

I have a cool story to tell! there's a girl in the Spanish branch that just came home from her mission (in Vancouver!) like two weeks ago. She is the best member missionary I have ever met! She brought someone to our sacrament meeting last week that she just met on the bus, and was supposed to bring another one yesterday but they didn't show up. There was one day maybe a week ago that she was walking home and felt impressed to knock on a door. She was like, "Are you kidding me? I don't even have a name tag, plus I'm alone!" But a spiritual prompting is a spiritual prompting, so she did it. A kind woman answered the door, and now she's one of our most promising investigators. Moral of the story: Not knowing people who are interested is no excuse not to be a member missionary.

I can't think of any other major news, so I think I'll leave it at that! Have a great week everyone! :)

Sister Shaver

No comments:

Post a Comment