Tuesday 12 July 2016

It's amazing!

Hola hola! 

Okay, so quick comment on reality - I opened my email just now and a particular email caught my eye - it's the one that tells me I've been enrolled in MyPlan!!!!! My Plan is a 6-week training course to be completed online during the last 6 weeks of your mission. It's real!!!! D:

Um, but other than that, we've just had another wonderful week! I've had the pleasure to run into my new mission president and his wife and kids multiple times this week. Sister Hoffmann and I are basically in love with the Phillips family! They came to our sacrament meeting yesterday because they're still choosing between attending church in French or English. (We hope they choose our ward!) President and Sister Phillips have so much fire for this work and I can't wait to see what comes next for our mission! Transfer calls are coming this week and we're anxious to see what happens! 

We had three investigators come to church yesterday. One was a 10-year-old boy who comes pretty regularly because his mom is an active member. Another was a 10-year-old girl who came for practically the first time, but we had to go to their house and pick her up (and her parents) so that she would actually get out of bed. We were SO happy to see her there though! And the third was a young man named Sajad from Iran. He has a muslim background but is very interested in learning about Jesus, and this was his first time in a Christian church. I got to sit next to him and explain the basics like how to read a hymn book, what the program was, and the significance of the sacrament. After the water tray passed us, he whispered, "It's amazing." And that got me thinking.

Isn't it amazing? Isn't it just so incredibly wonderful that there is someone out there who loves and cares about us so much that he not only walks with us, cries with us and smiles with us - he not only suffered our every sorrow, heartache, fear, injustice, bitterness, frustration, pain, sickness, and weakness and took upon himself the load of our sins, but he also paid the ultimate price by dying so that we could have new life. In a song we recently heard from some other sisters on our mission, it's explained quite beautifully: "It vit, et parce qu'il vit la mort n'aura plus de victoire! Grace a lui, nous pouvons prendre un nouveau depart." (Rough translation: He lives, and because He lives death will never have the victory. Thanks to Him, we can have a new start.) IT'S AMAZING!

I heard another beautiful thought from a Moroccan I met on the metro. He said, "I cannot be an Atheist, because I look around me at nature and the world and I know it had to be created by Someone." Which reminds me of a scripture: "...The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is God; yea, even the earthand all things that are upon the face of it, yea,and its motionyea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is Supreme Creator."(Alma 30:44)

To add one more quote, this one from an elder at mission leadership council, "It's the Gospel. It works!"

Yeah, it does.

Sister Shaver













             



No comments:

Post a Comment